Engaged patients take action to obtain
the greatest benefit from their healthcare.
Specifically, engaged patientsi:
- Find the right professional care
- Ask about the evidence for recommended treatment options
- Come prepared to discuss specific questions with their HCPs
- Fill and refill prescriptions on time
- Understand insurance options and plan requirements
- Monitor symptoms and medication effectiveness
- Gather additional expert opinions prior to beginning any course of treatment
At the Px Group, we leverage this insight to design strategies and programs that benefit our clients and their patients. Want to learn more?
i Hibbard JH, Greene J. What The Evidence Shows About Patient Activation: Better Health Outcomes And Care Experiences; Fewer Data On Costs, Health Affairs 32, NO. 2 (2013): 207–214; Center for Advancing Health, A New Definition of Patient Engagement, What is Engagement and Why is it Important? (2010), http://www.cfah.org/pdfs/CFAH_Engagement_Behavior_Framework_current.pdf, accessed July 20, 2018.